Priority Services Register - Oxygen
The Priority Services Register is a free support service that makes sure extra help is available to people in vulnerable situations. Please ensure you take a moment to register your oxygen supply with your electricity provider.
What help should I expect from being on the Priority Services Register?
Support during a power cut:
- A priority number that you can call 24 hours a day
- Text and voice message alerts, your energy provider can let you know when they are aware of a large power cut in your area
- Tailored support if needed can be arranged by your energy provider such as home visits, hot meals, advice and keeping your friends and relatives updated
- Where possible for your energy provider, you may receive text and voice messages if severe weather is expected to help you prepare
- You may also be offered a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel by your energy provider
- For complex power cuts your energy provider have community welfare teams who provide on-site support which includes hot drinks, hot meals, a wifi connection and charge points
Who can sign up?
You can register if you or someone in your household:
- relies on medical equipment
- have refrigerated medicines
- have a serious or chronic illness
- have a disability
- is living with dementia
- are of pensionable age
- have children under five in your household
- have mental health difficulties
We recognise that people may also need support because of life-changing events such as bereavement, relationship breakdown, job loss, recovery from hospital treatment or living independently for the first time. If you or someone in your household is experiencing any of these circumstances, you can register to receive extra help on a temporary basis.
If you are an existing Home Oxygen Patient residing in London, you can register through
If you are an existing Home Oxygen Patient residing in the South West, you can register through
For more information on staying warm this winter please see below
UK Power Networks - https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/power-cut/priority-services/about-the…